Whispers of a Shattered Heart

 Whispers of a Shattered Heart



In shadows deep where sorrows dwell,
They say time heals, yet pains compel,
Each tick a wound that cuts anew,
With every breath, I bitter rue.

I long to learn the warmth of love,
But fields of grief my heart's made of;
The hands that clasped in joyous night,
Now linger lost in endless flight.
Oh, darkness wraps this fragile frame,
A bluesy tune without a name,

Can you escape what fate has marked?
Will love return when hope has parked?
For tears like rivers ebb and flow,
And whispers haunt the soul below;
Can hearts as fragile as the glass,

Withstand the weight of dreams that pass?
So here I stand with bruised resolve,
Against the tide where shadows evolve;
Tell me now, oh echoing night,
Can you die from a heart’s lost fight?


by Jules 12/29/2024

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

kajira dreams under the moon

Don't mess with me poem. ((To people that think they have control when they don't even know me.))

Panther Poem